Every person has emotions. They’re part of being human. But too often, we’re in a struggle against our own feelings – trying to suppress or ignore them only makes it worse. Hence the only way to loosen the strong grip of negative emotions on you is to Feel Release and Replace
Emotions serve a purpose which is to be a kind of feedback. They are always
communicating. Emotions are the language of the subconscious. Thought leads to
emotions. Some of the most common unpleasant emotions which we all experience are
fear, anxiety and stress. We have every right to feel every emotion that surfaces within
us even if its
In the moment, distressing emotions may seem impossible to overcome. However,
over time, these emotions will lessen in intensity, and eventually fade away
Use “ACCEPTS” a quick method to gain mastery over our emotions
1) Activities- Do an activity that requires thought and concentration- Read a book,
Write in a journal, Do a work project or school assignment, Play a sport, play a
2) Contributing- Do something that allows you to focus on another person, ask a
friend about their day, Make a gift for a loved one., volunteer- Send a thoughtful
card, comparison. Put your situation in perspective by comparing it to something
more painful or distressing.
3) Comparisons Put your situation in perspective by comparing it to something more
painful or distressing. Think of a time when you were in more distress and realize
how things are not as bad right now. Realize how resilient you are by thinking of
someone who is coping less well than you are.
4) Emotions- Do something to create a new emotion that will compete with your
distressing emotion.Sad? Watch a happy movie.. Anxious? Practice deep
breathing. Angry? Go for a walk.
5) Pushing away- Let go of a painful situation or block it from your mind using a
technique such as visual imagery. Close your eyes, revisit a calm and happy
space, tune in with your senses
6) Thoughts- Shift your thoughts to something neutral.. Count a specific object
around you (e.g. bricks, trees…) Sing a song out loud or recite it in your head.
7) Sensations- Find safe physical sensations to distract you from distressing
emotions. Hold an ice cube in your hand, Eat something sour or spicy.Take a
Every person has emotions. They’re part of being human. But too often, we’re in
a struggle against our own feelings – trying to suppress or ignore them only
makes it worse. Hence the only way to loosen the strong grip of negative
emotions on you is to Feel Release and Replace