Now that we are in the middle of 2022, it is most likely that you have already broken up with that new weight loss regime you had committed to at the start of year. Let’s face it, these weight loss resolutions are like short-term commitments and don’t last too long. If you truly want to lose weight, you need to know what is making you obese in the first place.
Here are 5 things that you didn’t know were making you fat.
- Fad Diets: Yes, diets make you gain weight. Sorry to burst this bubble, random fad diets which sound promising actually fail even during your cheat days. Dieting increases your body’s propensity to gain weight reducing body metabolism and in turn increases your food cravings. These diets also affect the nutrition level of body.
- Diet Soda: An innocent movie or hang out with friends might seem harmless but the uncontrolled consumption of soda adds to your waist size 6 times more than those who stay away from these aerated drinks. The high amount of sugar and artificial sweeteners in these drinks do bad things to your teeth and overall health.
- Lack of sleep: Being a teenager is no child’s play. You have studies to worry about, you have friends to keep, family to please, teachers and a host of other teenage issues which can give you sleepless nights. However, if something is giving you sleepless nights, you need to work on it as soon as possible, because sleep can help you burn calories. If you are not having proper sleep it can lead to increase in weight as it impacts your daily diet routine.
- Binge watching and Junk eating: We all believe in Netflix and chill. While you are busy binge watching, it is very easy to lose control and binge eat. You end up eating junk food or snacks while watching TV, and lose track of the calories consumed by us . This leads to increase in our Fat and gaining weight.
- Stress levels: Again, we know that students and teens life is full of stress .It may be to score marks and to be at the top. But when you are stressed your body starts producing excess amounts of cortisol and insulin. As a result, your appetite increases and you engage in overeating food. This adds to fats and increase in weight.
Unhealthy food habits and untimely meals means making you fat and gain your weight.
You can share with our teentalkindia experts and take guidance by clicking on Chat With Us.